Diablo Gymnastic’s competition team participates in the USAG Xcel Competition Program. The Xcel Program is an alternative USA Gymnastics competitive program offering individual flexibility to coaches and gymnasts. The goal of Xcel is to provide gymnasts of varying abilities and commitment levels the opportunity for a rewarding gymnastics experience.
Each spring, Silver level gymnasts in Diablo’s Recreation Program are selected and invited to try out for the team. The team trains year round and competes in local competitions during the winter.
- Diamond (comparable to Junior Olympic Levels 8, 9, 10)
- Platinum (comparable to Junior Olympic Levels 6, 7, 8)
- Gold (comparable to Junior Olympic Levels 4, 5, 6)
- Silver (comparable to Junior Olympic Levels 3, 4)
Prospective Team Members: If you are a current competitive gymnast interested in Diablo’s Xcel Program, please email Chelsea@diablogym.net with your name, age and previous experience.
For more information about Diablo’s competition team, contact Diablo’s Team Director Chelsea Dennis at Chelsea@diablogym.net.
Current Team Members
2019 Competition Schedule
- January 26, 2019 – IntraSquad Meet @ Diablo Gymnastics
- February 9-10, 2019 – California Dreamin’ @ Solano Community College
- February 22 – 23, 2019 – Spirit of the Flame @ San Mateo Event Center
- March 1 – 3, 2019 – Delta Classic @ Lodi Grape Festival Pavilion
- March 9 – 10, 2019 – Girl Power @ Accel Gymnastics
Diablo Programs Chart
This flowchart shows the progression of Diablo programs from Kindergym through Team. Click image to view larger.